St. Ann's College of Engineering & Technology was established in the year 2001 at Vetapalem Mandal, Chirala, Prakasam District, Andhra Pradesh by The St. Mary Educational Society, pioneered by Educationalists, Industrialists and Philanthropists. The College is housed amidst lush green fields, in serene environment, free from pollution and conductive for the pursuit of education. Bay of Bengal is just two km away from the college.
Approvals, Affiliations and Accreditations:
- The College is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- The college is permanently affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada, Kakinada.
- Five UG programmes (B. Tech.) viz. EEE, ME, ECE, CSE & IT were accredited in the year 2009 by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi for 3 years.
- The college is permanently approved and recognized by the Institution of Engineers (India), Kolkata in the year 2010-11.
- NAAC accredited the college with ‘A’ grade with CGPA of 3.07/4.0 for Five years from 2011 to 2016 in the first cycle.
- Three UG programmes (B. Tech.) viz. EEE, ME, ECE were Re-Accredited by NBA in the year 2013 for a period of 2 years.
- The college is included under sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act 1956 with effect from 15th Sept 2015.
- Awarded “A” grade by AP State Government in the ranking of Engineering colleges in the state in the year 2015.
- The college was Re-Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade with CGPA of 3.02 / 4.0 for five years from 2016-2021in the second cycle also.
- Re-Accreditation was accorded by NBA for B. Tech. (CSE and ECE) programs in 2020-21 for a period of three years (i.e. up to 30-06-2023).
Other Milestones and Highlights:
- Skill Development Centre and Start-up programmes sanctioned by Andhra Pradesh State Government are functioning as per letter no. K/SDE&I/2016 dated 28-05-2016.
- Siemens India & AP Govt. Technical Skill Development centre established in the college recently with six advanced manufacturing labs for training technical graduates with Govt. of AP G.O. MS.NO.05 dtd. 25-04-2016.
Names of the labs:
- Electrical Commercial Lab
- Welding Lab
- Agro Machinery Lab
- Electrical-Home Lab
- CNC Lab
- Design / Computer based Tech. Lab
- MoU for IRNSS Navigation Receiver Field Trial and Data Collection with Space Applications Centre, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India, Ahmedabad on 15-09-2016.