Department organized National Space Conference on 3rd and 4th, October 2019.
Department organized International Conference on Advancements and Innovations in Electrical, Electronics & Communications on 28-07-2018.
A Two day workshop on PCB design by Mr. U. Kumar from Silicon touch technologies, Vijayawada during 07-02-2019 & 08-02-2019
A two day workshop on Wi-Guy tehcnology by Mr. Prabhu Chandra from Silicon touch Technologies, Vijayawada during 14-03-2019 & 15-03-2019
A Two day workshop on Embedded systems by Mr. U. Kumar from Silicon touch technologies, Vijayawada during 16-08-2018 & 17-08-2018
A one day workshop on Android App development by Mr. V. Ramakrishna from SP Robotics on 05-01-2018
A two day workshop on Ethical Hacking by Mr. Sai satish from Indian servers ,Vijayawada during 30-08-2017 & 31-08-2017
A Two day workshop on Robotics by Mr. Mukesh choudhury from E-cell, IIT Bombay, Robokart during 26-09-2016 &
Department of ECE organized “A National Space Conference (SDNX) “ on 1st October, 2016 in collaboration with ISRO and DRDO Scientists
Department of ECE has conducted “A two day workshop on Robotics “ from 26.09.2016 to 27.09.2016 in collaboration with IIT, Bombay and ROBOCART
Department of ECE organized International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical, Electronics and Communications(ICRAEEC -2016) on 19th March, 2016
Department of ECE organized National Robotics Championship-2014 (iSENSOBOTZ on ARDUINO) on 6th & 7th Feb-2014
Department of ECE conducted One day National level Conference on "Emerging Trends in Electonics and Communication (ETEC -2013)" on 18-05-2013
Swastika Shaped Tri-band MIMO Antenna
Band-notch UWB Antenna
2×2 MIMO Antenna
STUDY ON RADIATION PATTERN OF YAGI-UDA ANTENNA ARRAY
AIM: i. To observe the radiation pattern of Yagi-Uda antenna array.
ii. Find gain of Yagi-Uda antenna.
iii. Find Half Power Beam Width.
iv. To find Front To Back ratio.
- Antenna trainer system(800MHz)
- Yagi-Uda Antenna’s
- Computer system
- Antenna Analysis Software(S-54R)
- Stepper motor
- RG-59, 75Ω coaxial cable
- RS232 cable
- Centronics Connector Cable
- Power supply
Yagi-Uda antenna is an array antenna which consists of one active element and a few parasitic elements. The active element consists of folded dipole whose length is λ/2. The parasitic elements consist of one reflector and a few directors. The length of the reflector is greater than λ/2. It is located behind the active element. The length of the each director is less than λ/2 and they are placed in front of the active element. The spacing between each element is not identical and hence it can be considered as non linear array.
The number of directors in the antenna depends on the gain requirements. The impedance of active element is resistive. The impedance of reflector is inductive. The impedance’s of directors are capacitive. Its radiation pattern is almost unidirectional and gives the gain of about 7 to 10dB. More directors can used to increase the gain. In this case, directors can be of equal length or decreasing slightly, away from the driven element. But adding too many directors will change the impedance. It has a good front to back ration. Its bandwidth is limited.
- Provide 230V AC power supply to trainer system.
- Connect the centronics connectors of the S-54R receiver synthesized and the S-54R with parallel cable.
- Fix the antenna on the top of the antenna rod as shown in Fig1.
Fig1: Receiving Antenna
- Fix the transmitting side antenna clamp on the table or stool at a distance of about 2 to 3 meters from receiver antenna.
- Fix the transmitting antenna on top of the antenna rod as shown in Fig2.
Fig2: Transmitting AntennaSwitch on antenna receiver.
- Press the position stepper to ON position.
- Press the freq mode switch for setting frequency 800MHz.
- Press the capture antenna data switch and select either array1 or array2.
- Select 1 deg or 5 deg angular setup rotation and press enter.
- To obtain polar polt connect trainer with system using RS232 cable.
- Put computer ON and start SI-3060 software.
- Press function key and select RS232 option , press enter button then serial connection enabled.
- On the PLOT IT software click RS2332 option to connect the system with trainer.
- A message on the left upper corner will say receiver connected.
- Press capture option and select capture then save the captured data , then choose file menu-à Load.
- Again choose capture/display buttonàpolar plot/Cartesian plotàarray1 , then it displays desired plot.
- The radiation pattern of Yagi-Uda antenna array is observed.
- Gain of Yagi-Uda antenna is measured.
- Half power beam width is measured.
- Front to back ratio is measured.