Department of ME
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
To achieve the mission of the program, some educational objectives were developed and redefined to make the graduates of the mechanical engineering program able to
- Prepare students for successful careers in industry to meet the needs of Indian and Multinational companies.
- Train the students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and find solutions for engineering problems.
- Provide the students a strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals required to solve technical problems and to pursue higher studies.
- Provide students an excellent academic environment conducive for acquiring leadership qualities, ethical codes and aptitude for life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
- Communicate and perform as effective engineering professionals in an individual and in a team based environments in multi disciplinary projects.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to use basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering and apply them to solve problems specific to Mechanical Engineering (Fundamental engineering analysis skills).
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results (Information retrieval skills).
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design any mechanical systems that meets desired specifications and requirements (Creative skills).
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function as a coherent unit in multidisciplinary design teams, and deliver results through collaborative research (Teamwork).
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems of a complex kind (Engineering problem solving skills).
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities, and use technology for the benefit of mankind (Professional integrity).
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms (Speaking and writing skills).
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and national contexts (Engineering impact assessment skills).
- Graduates should be capable of self education and clearly understand the value of lifelong
learning (Continuing education awareness).
- Graduates will develop an open mind and have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues (Social awareness).
- Graduates will be familiar with applying software methods and modern computer tools to analyze mechanical engineering problems (Software hardware interface).
- Graduates will have the ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursing post graduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in Mechanical Engineering (Successful career and immediate employment).
- Graduate will be able to design a system to meet desired needs within environmental, economic, political, ethical health and safety, manufacturability and management knowledge and techniques to estimate time, resources to complete project (Practical engineering analysis skills).
- Graduates will be able to carry research in the new frontiers of Mechanical Engineering and will mould as good entrepreneurs to enhance national wealth (Entrepreneurs skills)